46
      Tuesday
      65 / 49
      Wednesday
      65 / 42
      Thursday
      71 / 50

      Bellevue Fire Ignited By Cigarette Butts

      BELLEVUE (KPTM)- Bellevue firefighters battled a blaze Thursday afternoon at the Brent Village apartment complex in high winds.

      "We got lucky that the fire was on the south side of the building with the winds out of the north. I think it may have caused the spread with winds this strong it could have created some wind inside a space between the walls but if it were on the other side of the building we would have had a far bigger problem," said Kurt Strachota, Bellevue Fire Department Battalion Chief.

      Damage is estimated at $35,000.00

      The cause of the fire was cigarette butts that were left in a hallway.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER