OMAHA (KPTM) - It's something we've seen before, but it's happening again.
Food stamp cuts are on the way leaving families to wonder how they're going to fill their cupboards.
"Potentially, this could be a concern," said Tiffanie McCowin with the Salvation Army.
The second rush of cuts follow the initial reductions, which happened late last year taking out about $5 billion ($18 million in Nebraska and $40 million in Iowa) from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program known as SNAP. This time around the government says more than $8 billion will be slashed prompting food pantries to be ready for anything.
"What we have noticed lately is that some of the larger families are in need of assistance," said McCowin.
The Salvation Army told FOX 42 News Tuesday it's ready to deal with more people using its services, but across the rest of Nebraska there are no guarantees.
The Department of Agriculture is expected to begin phasing the cuts next month. There is a chance, however, they could get delayed if some lawmakers in Washington, D.C. get their way.