Bellevue man who says he killed his wife says she wanted divorce, he did not
We are learning a lot more about what happened before Bellevue police say a man killed his wife.
Brandon Norton was back in Sarpy County court Tuesday for a pre-trial hearing.
He is charged with first degree murder.
In court Tuesday, detectives laid out what lead up to Jennifer Norton's death.
- They say Norton found out his wife had been having an affair.
- She wanted a divorce, but he didn't.
- Detectives say the two got into an argument and Jennifer turned away from him.
- They say Brandon put her in a headlock and choked her to death.
- Detectives say four of their five kids were home at the time.
- They say he drove them to his parents house.
- Then, they say he went back to their Bellevue home and picked up Jennifer's body.
Norton cried while listening to all of this.
Bellevue Police Detective Jason Cvitanov said, "They drove around for quite a while. He was talking to her, apologizing for what had taken place and at some point, he drove across Highway 34, opened the passenger door and threw her body into the railing into the Missouri River."
Detectives say he admitted to his parents that he killed his wife before turning himself in.
Defense attorneys are asking the judge to lower his charges to manslaughter.
The judge plans to make a ruling on that in a few weeks.