MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Community comes together to help family that lost everything in fire

Community comes together to help family that lost everything in fire

Donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/6f709y8

Drop-off location for clothing: 2317 S 135th Ave Omaha, NE 68144


BENNINGTON, Neb. (FOX42KPTM) — Confined to a hotel room, Sara Jorgensen says it's just now sinking in.

"You just think of the things that are lost, and things that we can't replace," she said. "Pictures are not replaceable."

But what can be replaced is being covered by others in the community, starting through a gofundme page.

"Right now it's kind of like the necessities and food," said Jorgensen.

The fire broke out Thursday at Jorgensons' home in Bennington.

Firefighters believe it was electrical.

Thankfully no one was there at the time.

Her finance, an emergency dispatcher, happened to answer the 9-1-1 call from a neighbor.

"He just kept with the call and transferred it," said Jorgensen, "and then he kind of freaked out."

Jorgensen says her family won't be home for a long time.

After the hotel, they'll be in an apartment until their house is fixed, and she says that could be months.

Still, the whole family is staying positive.

"We are so thankful for all that we've been given," said Jorgensen.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending